Thursday, January 26, 2012

Corporate Shoot.

Last Tuesday, Jan 24th I had a corporate photoshoot. Now if you are my friend or have known me for sometime...you will know perhaps that I am a bit claustrophobic. The space that I had to work with was so small, it made a subway car in NYC during rush hour look like Texas. Fortunately I had my trusty $10 shoot through umbrellas and voila... I made the space work. along with my trusty hand made beauty dish and snoot (for details on how to make this DIY projects go here ) I got some very nice photos.
OK so I will be the first one to admit that doing a corporate photo shoot is a very tough assignment, if you are not well organize that is. If you have not done your recon, met the people you are going to shoot and get to the location 1 hrs prior to do your set up. Well I did all of the above. It was a fun shoot, the clients were very relax and one of them even cracked a joke.


Someone once told me.... if you have the opportunity to find (if you are lucky) and buy a Nikon Speed light SB-24 or SB-28...GET IT!....I love this speed light so much, I own several. Many are the reasons why I recommend them...but one my favorite is.... off of camera control. Combo with a remote trigger.... the sky is the limit....by the way...if you are thinking about doing something like it...save up the money and buy yourself a nice set of Pocket Wizards II yes they are expensive...but trust me they are reliable and you will never have to worry about miss fires.


I started experimenting with snoots recently....I love it.



Small space, big space, pro equipment, DIY equipment, assistant or no assistant....if you have a vision of how you want a photo to look, you will find a way to manipulate the light, or as Tim Gunn always says: "Make it work"

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment